I've made bread a few times now......I think I'm finally getting the hang of how much flour to add. The only problem with this yummy bread is that it is SO HARD to stay out of it. It seems to stay fresh for approx. 3 days, so it's no problem for us to eat it before it gets stale.
My big helper - we tried making cookies with fresh whole wheat flour instead of white flour. I was able to make them with 1/2 the butter and about 2/3 the sugar. They taste a little more wheaty than my regular cookies...but I think I'd make them again. (Since the nutritional value is a little better..maybe I can eat 4 instead of 2??!!)
Sweet treats for a birthday girl
My children like to wear aprons when they help in the kitchen...I think they feel more domestic!
Anyone who knows my hubby well enough will recognize this as his favorite treat. When he realized we were baking, he requested his own favorite - communion bread!Well, I need to go finish cleaning up the mess....or it will still be there for me on Monday...seems like it's kinda hard to keep up on the weekends when we are in and out!






I have one word for you....YUM!
ReplyDeleteR-
ReplyDeleteHow do you do it? You seem to get it all done sometimes... Can I come over and sample?
Love, H
SEEM is the key word. I only post the pictures of the yummy food...not the pictures of the distastrous house that somehow 'happens'. Everyone around here says "I didn't get that out!"
ReplyDeleteSo...looks can be deceiving!
You are invited to sample anytime...the cookies and bread are in the freezer awaiting your next visit!
Ahhh... the freezer...huh!
ReplyDeleteI think I'll go look in there and indulge myself with a few cookies!
Love ya!