So I took off upstairs to check on him. 3 beds...No littleM. My heart started beating faster. I knew he couldn't get outside...that should have been a comfort, but try telling a mom's heart that.
So I started checking closets and bathrooms (he's been known to climb in the shower!). No littleM.
At this point my mind starts racing.....sump pump pit (yes, it has a cover), maybe he touched a wire or outlet somewhere and is hurt, maybe he CAN get outside, maybe the Lord returned and I missed it!(yes, that did cross my mind!!)
Finally...I
I realized in that moment that I have not given my children to the Lord in my heart. Yes, I can say "They're not ours to keep...they're God's children". But obviously that's not what my heart thinks. Keep in mind that it probably only took me 2 minutes (or less!) to find littleM this morning, and I was in a PANIC!! Wow! I needed this reminder that my children are a gift from God. Maybe I won't have them for as long as I'm alive. Am I willing to give them to the Lord, if He would ask that of me?
If you have children...go give them a hug. LittleM sure got a squeeze today from all of us!!
oh how I know that feeling! We almost 'lost' I. at the zoo in San Francisco! I tried to remain calm, but it only lasted about 30 seconds, if even that! Glad Little M issafe!
ReplyDeleteYes, our hearts are very attached to our children, not matter how much we know they are the Lord's. I have "lost" Morgan more times than I would like to admit. She has a way of hiding in closets, clothes hampers, under blankets, under the computer desk, etc. Glad Little M was safe and sound!
ReplyDelete