Monday, August 17, 2009

School Is In Session @ Our House!

Today was our first official day of school. Third grade and Kindergarten...seems like yesterday L was starting, now we're beginning our fourth year. Wow. Time flies when you're having (most of the time!) fun.
(Yes, we had to sneak in a little last week. The children couldn't wait to use the new schoolbooks and I knew we had apples and pears to take care of this week!)

Our first day breakfast. And no, I didn't get up and make waffles. They were leftover in the freezer from a lunch last week. ssshhhh...don't tell anyone we eat waffles for lunch!

New books...anticipation!

A rainbow of dry erase markers....

Math..Math..Math!

And of course...my little monkey. If anyone has ideas on how to keep him busy while we study, I'm open for suggestions!

4 comments:

  1. Can he use scissors yet? That can keep
    Becca busy for a long time. She can now cut along a line (crooked but trying) instead of cutting the paper up into tiny pieces. she loved doing that and was very good about cutting over the trash can after the first couple of times:)
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! It seems that we're in the same boat! I'm also starting school with a kindergartner and a third grader (but this is my first year for it) I have my little monkey also (named Ava) and I'm always trying to figure out what to do with her!! So far I've had sucess with a restaurant-style high chair (roomy, no tray, fits nicely up to the table) and what we call "table-time activities"; things that only get to be played with when school is in session. We also allow her to do those activities on a designated blanket on the floor, but she must pick them up and put them away if she leaves the blanket.

    I'm planning on blogging extensively about my maiden voyage into home education... stay tuned!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I also love Sew Mama Sew! I use them for my business
    (www.meeUp Baby Carriers.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute way to store school stuff?? Notice there wasn't a picture of the school stuff?? Guess that's cause I didn't think it looked photo worthy:) There is a bookshelf to the right of my sewing machine desk . One shelf of that holds our stuff right now. But I know one shelf won't do it for long. I'm thinking a bookshelf with wood doors so it can all be hidden?? Don't know yet, I just try to keep it as tidy as possible and hope no one notices it!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete