Sunday, November 22, 2009

Books, Books, Books

I guess you could say we're a book-lovin' family. From piles of books from the library to brand new shiny books from the store. We mostly just use the library (it's cheaper for a book you may only read once...unless you forget the books due date and then...ahem...don't ask me how I know!)

We have a very fun bookstore about 2 miles from our house...and I like to browse their children's non-fiction section. Dream, dream, dream!



L was quite enamoured by the 650 foot wedding dress train pictured in the Ripley's Believe it or Not Book. (not my normal pick of book!) She is my little reader. Many days when I finally drag myself out of bed..yes, it is dragging these days..I find her on the couch with her nose in a book!

And of course, BigM likes the books too. He's just beginning to realize that all the letter sounds he's been learning go together and make words! And that all the words he's seeing everywhere actually say something meaningful or exciting!

Oh and pictures of trucks and combines and cars just make LittleM's day!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I tell my lovely local library that I am just supporting them by all my overdue fees. Sigh. I don't know why that date sneaks up sooo fast!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete