Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sweet Spring Treats

I was having one of "those" mornings. The mommy burn-out kind.
  • the house looked overwhelmingly dirty and messy
  • laundry pile was daunting and never ending {is there any other kind of laundry pile?}
  • learning was minimal
  • Satan was telling me that I could never keep up

So, school books got put away because I need an attitude adjustment. Soon I heard a tap-tap on the back door. It was a dear friend with a sweet treat and an "I understand you've been having some interesting times" {She's been in the new-baby-now-mom-to-four category recently too} What a blessing her smiling face was today!

What's inside....??

mmm..mmm.mmmmm!

And these are the flowers my children brought in from outside......ever loving and forgiving children!
And I had a chat on the phone with another friend...she reminded me to make sure I was spending time with God and to spend some just-having-fun-time with my children. I think it's time to follow her advice, cause obviously doing this mom to four thing on my own strength isn't working too well!
I hope to post pics soon of one of our "interesting times"!

4 comments:

  1. Bless you! I am much older than you and have spent much more time as a mother....and I had a day, myself. In fact, at 1pm I was tellin my sweet understanding hubby that I was DONE homeschooling and maybe DONE with being a mother and it IS NOT funny and from here on our HE could take care of SCHOOL! Sigh. You made a good choice for your day...thanks for sharing...you blessed me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet friend! I can't believe you have hyacinths blooming already. How is that possble? Mine are just peeking out of the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing friends are! I have days like that, too! And my days don't include a newborn at this point! It's always nice to know you aren't the only one that has days that seem overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good choice to put away school and rest. Thanks for the encouragement, because we ALL have those days! Keep looking up!

    ReplyDelete