My husband rarely turns up his nose at the recipes that I fix. But when he takes one bite and says, "Yum. You can make this again!" I know that the recipe is one that I will make again. And I did. This is time number two.
I used fresh ground flour. I'm not sure how 100% whole wheat from the grocery would do. It might make them a little heavy.
I also used my own filling that uses celery instead of bell peppers. Although I'm sure the bell peppers would be tasty also.
This dough recipe is VERY easy and fast to make. Don't let "crescent dough" intimidate you. I made a 1/2 recipe and had plenty for our family with some left over. Try it. I dare you to eat just one. And you may never buy those tube crescents again. Which might be a good thing. If you have ever read the ingredient list, you know they're probably not the best choice.
{I could go on a rant seriously off topic on my feelings about the food supply in America, but that's another thought for another day. :)}
Thanks, Betsy, for asking about these. It sparked the idea for our meal tonight :)
So... where's the recipe? I want to try them!!
ReplyDeleteShana