Friday, October 10, 2008

Ladies Retreat

I'm off to a ladies retreat: "Functioning in a Dysfunctional World". I sure need some advice in that area. Seems like as the days and months go by I realize more and more how in need of God our world is.

I was talking with L this morning about the way lots of people have lost a lot of money in the last few weeks and that maybe God is trying us to see if we'll still trust Him to provide. She said "I'll trust Him...just like Abraham!" Talk about putting me in my place.

So this, my friends, is my encouragement to you......trust that God is working out a plan in your life.........and TRUST HIM, like Abraham!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Reminds me of Morgan's comment today. We were talking about obedience (a big topic at our house lately!). As I was talking to her, I was wondering how much she was really understanding, when she said "mommy, I obey Jesus". I wanted to cry. I just hugged her and told her that yes we have to obey Jesus. As much as we are teaching her, she is teaching us!

    Have fun at your retreat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Rachel, I'm overwhelmed here, this is the second time this week someone has told me to think of Abraham and the way he trusted. Right now I"m feeling frustrated and ready to quit and there was your post, encouraging me to have faith, trust in the Lord and WAIT!
    Just what I needed.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete